Pope-ready routes in DC
The Pope is coming but Citymapper is ready with disruption-safe routes.
From Tuesday, Sept. 22nd until Thursday, Sept. 24th, travelling in Washington DC will look very different with delays, detours, short routes: but we've got your back!
What does that mean for me?
- There will be a lot of traffic. Use public transportation!
- Transfer to Metrorail at your first opportunity. It'll be faster. Free Metrobus-to-Metrorail transfers will be available (ask your bus operator for transfer).
- Buy your fares in advance, expect long lines at fare machines.
- Massachusetts Avenue will be closed.
- Expect crowds throughout the city.
How will I get around?
We could write down a list of closures, routes that will be detoured for you but... we have an app for that.
Starting today, Citymapper iOS and Android will give you disruption-safe routes.
When you see this button on iOS...
...or this button on Android...
It'll give you alternative routes that avoids closures and disruptions. Brain down. Relax. You're welcome.