Major TubeStrike Jan 8-9th 😱 😫
- Services remain disrupted till end of day.
(Although some would argue there are some fascinating express services running across the city).
- Here's a neat graph of how messed up London traffic has been during the strike commute. Red = very messed.
#TubeStrike starting 6pm on Sun 8th and all day Mon 9th.
All Tube stations in Zone 1 shut down or have limited service, as well as no service on the Victoria, Waterloo and City, and parts of the Central and Piccadilly lines. However, the DLR, Overground and National Rail trains should still be operating, along with all the lovely buses and cycle hires.
We are monitoring and adapting things in realtime, to ensure that you have the best information to get around town.
THE STRIKE SAFE SECTION RETURNS
Just plan your regular journey on our app and our superrouter will automatically remove all routes or sections of routes affected by the strike from the results, and only show you options that will be running at that moment.
TIPS FROM THE PREVIOUS STRIKE
- The Tube continued to run past 6pm. Many lines shut down later in the night. Stations are harder to predict, some closed earlier than others.
- Buses will be much slower, travel times may be 2x longer than suggested. Check live departure boards, if buses are bunched up the ones coming later are generally better for getting a seat (or some oxygen).
- Cycle hires will disappear very very fast from the center of the city and other commercial locations. Tap on the the cycle icon to monitor availability in realtime.
There are 5 cycle hire pop-up hubs providing extra bikes during the strike, located on:
- Waterloo: 7-10 am to 4-7 pm
- Soho Square: 7 am - 7 pm
- Belgrove Street: 7-10 am and 4-7 pm
- Newgate Street: 7 am - 7 pm
- Hatton Garden: 7.30 am - 11 am
- Walking is far more competitive during times of traffic congestion. It's also healthier and a good excuse to explore the city.
MULTIMODAL WILL SAVE YOU
Strike days are good times to explore new things. And in a multimodal city it's amazing how many different ways there are to get around.
Try our unique cycle hire + rail routing, to find routes you didn't even know existed.
Combine rail + bus routes to access anywhere in the greater city.
For more details check Transport for London.
Any tips? Write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.